Re: PSA: Publishing working draft of URL spec

On 12/02/2014 06:54 PM, chaals@yandex-team.ru wrote:

> If the document doesn't meet "pubrules", that will cause a delay as
> Sam and I deal with it.

I'm new to being a W3C Editor, but I did manage to find:
http://www.w3.org/2005/07/pubrules

I made a number of fixes:

https://github.com/whatwg/url/commit/0b3840580f92a7d15a76235d8ee67254ca0824da

https://github.com/w3ctag/url/commit/1ea9cc3ac4594daa670864d1568832251199dfa7

Updated draft:

https://rawgit.com/w3ctag/url/develop/url.html

Pubrules results:

http://tinyurl.com/lphqp9b

---

Open issues:

1) The title page date and the date at the end of the "This Version" URI
MUST match.

Issue: Bikeshed adds a level identifier to the URI[sic].

downstream.

2) The editors'/authors' names MUST be listed.

Issue: one of the editors is not a WG member, both editors prefer
editors NOT be listed.  This is not unique:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-w3process/2014Sep/0105.html

Recommendation: request a variance.

3) The copyright MUST use the following markup

Issue: the pubrules mandated markup doesn't match the charter specified
license for this specification.

Recommendation: request a variance.

4) All proposed XML namespaces created by the publication of the
document MUST follow URIs for W3C Namespaces.

Issue: the pubrules checker seems to have found an XML namespace where
none is present nor intended.

Recommendation: request a variance.

> There is an open CfC to move the document to the 2014 Process, but it
> doesn't really matter whether this or the next Public Working Draft
> is published under that process so it won't hold up a Public Working
> Draft if we can get the pubrules etc sorted in time.

I've left the 2005 process link for now; will update once the CfC completes.

> cheers
>
> Chaals
>
> -- Charles McCathie Nevile - web standards - CTO Office, Yandex
> chaals@yandex-team.ru - - - Find more at http://yandex.com

- Sam Ruby