Re: CfC: publish LCWD of Screen Orientation API; deadline September 18

From: Marcos Caceres <marcos@marcosc.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 12:06:42 -0400
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr>
Cc: Jonas Sicking <sicking@mozilla.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>

On September 24, 2014 at 8:43:10 AM, Anne van Kesteren (annevk@annevk.nl) wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 2:33 AM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> > Anne - would you please confirm if your comments have been adequately addressed?
>
> I disagree with the prioritization of creating a snapshot over
> defining (even to an approximation) what implementers actually have to
> do. I said as much on GitHub and IRC, but it seems my comments have
> been deferred nonetheless.

Anne is, unfortunately, right. There is no point in putting anything on /TR/ until the W3C fixes the ability to have documents sync with what is on GH. Otherwise, we will just find ourselves here again in a few months. The stability of the document doesn't have any correlation to it appearing on the /TR/ space, and hence, it would misguided for us to push for its publication until the snapshots issue is fixed.