Re: [Webpush] IETF proposes new "Web-Based Push Notifications" Working Group

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 3:20 PM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [ Bcc webpush@ietf.org ]
>
> Hi All,
>
> I recall the IETF's intent to create a web-based push notifications
> protocol standard was previously announced on this list. Please note the
> draft charter for this WG explicitly mentions WebApps:
>
> [[
> <http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-webpush/>

I think it will be very valuable to have a standardized push server
protocol.

> This work will be done in collaboration with the W3C Webapps Working
> Group, who
> are developing a Web Push API for use in web applications (see
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/push-api/>).
> ]]

The linked working draft is now more than a year old. The latest editor's
draft has some inconsistencies while we transition to a service worker
based system, but it's much closer to the current discussions:
https://w3c.github.io/push-api/

I invite you all to contribute to the issues on the github project:
https://github.com/w3c/push-api/issues

I'm happy to continue making and reviewing pull requests. Again, additional
contributors are very welcome!

Regards,

Michael