Re: [admin] Towards making ED boilerplates more useful and consistency

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 5:43 AM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Editors, All,
>
> Speaking of ED boilerplate data ... do we want to try to get some
> consistency regarding boilerplate data in our EDs?
>
> We have quite a bit of variation now. For example Clipboard and others are
> toward the more minimalist end of the spectrum:
>
> <http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/clipops/clipops.html>
>
> Whereas, the Manifest spec's boilerplate data is more thorough:
>
> <http://w3c.github.io/manifest/>
>
> I personally prefer the Manifest approach (especially a link to the spec's
> bugs/issues and the comment list).
>
> Should we try to get more consistency, and if so, what data should be the
> minimal recommended set?

We've found in the CSSWG that linking to issue tracking is indeed
helpful, when the spec uses anything more than "email and inline
issues".

We also provide feedback information: see Color
<http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-color/> for one example.

~TJ