Re: [Editing] Splitting Selection API Into a Separate Specification

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 09:57:57 -0400
To: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com>
CC: Aryeh Gregor <ayg@aryeh.name>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, "Ted O'Connor" <eoconnor@apple.com>, Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan@mozilla.com>, Yoshifumi Inoue <yosin@chromium.org>
On 3/14/14 3:21 PM, ext Ryosuke Niwa wrote:
> On Mar 14, 2014, at 5:58 AM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com> wrote:
>
> I think the selection API is ready for recommendation track work. It's
> mostly interoperable between non-Gecko browsers.
>> One factor to consider re WebApps formally working on this spec is whether there we have sufficient resource commitment(s) re editing, testing, etc. Do we have such commitment(s)?
> For testing, Aryeh has written a very comprehensive test suite for the entire editing

Excellent.

> , so we should be able to extract the parts for selection API.
>
> And I'm more than happy to volunteer as an editor for the spec.

Given this and Aryeh's reply, please go ahead and create an ED. This
spec should be explicitly added to WebApps' charter [Draft] so please
ping me when an ED is available so I can add it.

-Thanks, ArtB

[Draft] <http://www.w3.org/2012/webapps/charter/Overview.html#deliverables>