Re: Screen Orientation API Spec (from phrasing confusion)

On Fri, 14 Mar 2014, at 19:07, Lars Knudsen wrote:
> What happened to the initiative done to take a holistic view on all
> orientation related specs and make them seem like they come from the same
> entity (Device Motion, Media Queries, Orientation Lock, ...)?

Device Motion is about the device angle is space. Using the screen
orientation in addition of the device orientation could help developers
do cool things.

Media Queries is something very different and should ideally use Screen
Orientation as a base for its value. AFAIK, it currently knows about
'portrait' and 'landscape' in a way that is fully compatible with Screen
Orientation anyway.

> IMHO - please include different (hands on) developers on different levels
> to try out a spec before it goes out of draft.

I believe Mozilla is shipping this API prefixed since a long time and
might have feedback. It is also used by Firefox OS applications. It will
be soon an experimental API in Chrome Android.

-- Mounir