Re: [fullscreen] Problems with mouse-edge scrolling and games

From: Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 17:30:59 +0100
To: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Cc: Thibaut Despoulain <thibaut@artillery.com>, Brandon Jones <bajones@google.com>, Ian Langworth <ian@artillery.com>, Webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 5:18 PM, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:

> It's not the application's job to keep the mouse cursor responsive, it's
> the system's.  Hiding the system mouse cursor and drawing one manually is
> always a bad idea.

That's a wonderful argument. And now we look at an FPS game,  or an Oculus
Rift title, or something that requires something else than a picture cursor
like say, an on terrain selection, a bounding box selection, a 3D ray
picking selection/cursor, or anything like that.

Always a bad idea, sure. How about you think about that again hm?