Re: "Officially" deprecating main-thread synchronous XHR?

I believe Beacon will address the use cases for developers currently using
sync XHR in beforeunload/unload/pagehide. I don't think any browser should
warn about sync XHR in these cases until they support Beacon.

I've discussed this will Olli in IRC, but I've been pushing for jQuery to
deprecate jQuery.ajax() and replace it with transport-specific methods such
as jQuery.xhr() and jQuery.jsonp(). jQuery.xhr() would not have support for
sync requests. After a few years of pushing for this, it looks like it
might finally happen. This would go a long way toward evangelizing the
avoidance of sync requests.