Re: [XHR] XHR 1 / XHR 2

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 09:28:23 +0100
To: Jungkee Song <jungkees@gmail.com>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On mar., 2014-02-04 at 17:16 +0900, Jungkee Song wrote:
> > The TR draft says that the URL of the editors draft is:
> > https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/xhr/xhr-1/raw-file/tip/Overview.html
> > I believe it is meant to be:
> > https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/xhr/raw-file/tip/xhr-1/Overview.html
> >

> That's right. It's a mistake. Is there a way to running-change it?

I think the only option is to publish a new WD (based on
http://www.w3.org/2003/01/republishing/)

> > It sounds like the group decided to re-use the title "XHR Level 1",
> > while it covers the features that used to be in "XHR Level 2".
> That's
> > somewhat confusing (but it may be that it's the least confusing
> > option?).
> >

> Yes, there's been a decision as such. The history is that the short
> name "XMLHttpRequest" was started to be re-used from <
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-XMLHttpRequest-20120117/> which
> superseded the what had been referenced as "XMLHttpRequest 1" back
> then as well.

Well, there is no requirement that re-using the shortname implies
re-using the title; but I can imagine that the group wants to use
"levels" to make room for future versions of the spec with new features.

> > In any case, the XMLHttpRequest2 shortname still points to the old
> XHR
> > Level 2 draft:
> >  http://www.w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest2/
> > That should be fixed one way or the other.
> >

> Thanks for noticing. I'll take care of it discussing with co-editors.

Thanks!

Dom