Re: [XHR] XHR 1 / XHR 2

From: Jungkee Song <jungkees@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 17:16:56 +0900
To: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Feb 3, 2014 11:41 PM, "Dominique Hazael-Massieux" <dom@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The TR draft says that the URL of the editors draft is:
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/xhr/xhr-1/raw-file/tip/Overview.html
> I believe it is meant to be:
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/xhr/raw-file/tip/xhr-1/Overview.html

That's right. It's a mistake. Is there a way to running-change it?

> It sounds like the group decided to re-use the title "XHR Level 1",
> while it covers the features that used to be in "XHR Level 2". That's
> somewhat confusing (but it may be that it's the least confusing
> option?).

Yes, there's been a decision as such. The history is that the short name
"XMLHttpRequest" was started to be re-used from <
http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-XMLHttpRequest-20120117/> which superseded the
what had been referenced as "XMLHttpRequest 1" back then as well.

> In any case, the XMLHttpRequest2 shortname still points to the old XHR
> Level 2 draft:
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest2/
> That should be fixed one way or the other.

Thanks for noticing. I'll take care of it discussing with co-editors.