Re: [admin] Draft of updated charter available for review

[ Marcos, Alex - this is a resend because I had an error on WebApps'
mail list address ]

On 1/21/14 5:30 PM, ext Marcos Caceres wrote:
> Quick notes, questions....
>
> Is "File API: Directories and System" dead? Looks kinda dead (last
> updated 07 March 2012).

Let's take this up separately.

> Streams should not be part of File - it's a generic API for any data.
>
> "UI Events" is linked to the wrong place.
>
> Drop the "currently not supported by web standards." from Gamepad
> description... as it's a bit of an oxymoron to have a standard for a
> standard that's not supported as a standard... standard

Fixed in [MC].

> Ooohhh! WebApps staking a claim over "Service Workers"! Nice

I thought that was WebApps` `agreed` plan. Alex, would you please
clarify the expectations of ServiceWorkers and WebApps?

> URL API should point to http://url.spec.whatwg.org/

My understanding is Chaals intends to work on it. (If anyone wants to
help with the editing, please contact me and/or Chaals.)

> Can we please put an end to this whole snapshot nonsense:
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/xhr/raw-file/tip/Overview.html

I don't recall any discussions about stopping the current work, although
I think it would be useful if the group's XHR Editors would provide a
short status and plan.

> Maybe drop: "public-web-intents@w3.org (archive) for discussion of the
> Web Intents specification"

Done in [MC].

The latest version of the Draft Charter [Draft] reflect [MC] plus
comments from Cindy [CW] and Chaals [CMN].

-Thanks, AB

[Draft] <http://afbarstow.github.io/WebApps/charter.html>
[MC]
<https://github.com/AFBarstow/WebApps/commit/d8b6422f1b6e78b51f680047936211140e15efce>