[editing] Leading with ContentEditable=Minimal

From: Ben Peters <Ben.Peters@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 18:12:34 +0000
To: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
There's been a good deal of discussion about the value of contentEditable=minimal. Some of us think that being able to cancel all browser actions with preventDefault on all Intention events is enough, while others believe that having a single way to stop browsers from taking action makes sense. I lean in the direction of the former, but there is another consideration- it will take more time to design and build Intention events in all cases, so why not work toward making contentEditable=minimal available, and then ship Intention events once we have a more complete story ready?