Re: [webcomponents]: Making <link rel="components"> produce DocumentFragments

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>wrote:

> Here's one scenario where keeping components Documents might be a good
> idea. Suppose you just built a multi-threaded parser into your renderer
> engine, and you would like to hook it up to start loading multiple
> components in parallel. How difficult will it be for you to do this if they
> were all just DocumentFragments in the same document?

Given that having components be parsed in the same document complicates the
specification, complicates the implementation (for example resolving
relative resources), might threaten some optimizations (multi-threaded
parsing), and gives a benefit that authors could achieve using tools to
crunch multiple component files into one, I propose that:

Each resource is loaded in its own document.

What about the type of the Component's content attribute? Should that be
DocumentFragment or Document?

Dominic

--
Email SLA <http://goto.google.com/dc-email-sla> •