Re: [webcomponents]: First stab at the Web Components spec

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 8:39 AM, Scott Miles <sjmiles@google.com> wrote:

> My issue is that the target of this link will not in general be an atomic
> thing like a 'component' or a 'module'. It's a carrier for resources and
> links to other resources. IMO this is one of the great strengths of this
> proposal.

To go on the record: I like link rel="component" and calling these
components.

Initially I was confused too; I have heard people casually refer to custom
elements as "components." But it makes sense to treat these are discrete
concepts:

Components are the units of reuse. Although they're not "atomic" they
should ideally be a usable unit which references all of its dependencies.

Custom elements are the units of instantiation. One component may contain
be comprised of many custom elements.

--
Email SLA <http://goto.google.com/dc-email-sla> •
Google+<https://plus.sandbox.google.com/111762620242974506845/posts>