Re: Custom elements ES6/ES5 syntax compromise, was: document.register and ES6

>> I'd be a much happier camper if I didn't have to think about handling
different return values.

I agree, and If it were up to me, there would be just one API for
document.register.

However, the argument given for dividing the API is that it is improper to
have a function return a value that is only important on some platforms. If
that's the winning argument, then isn't it pathological to make the 'non
constructor-returning API' return a constructor?