Re: [editing] nested contenteditable

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 8:27 PM, Travis Leithead
<travis.leithead@microsoft.com> wrote:
> As far as I know, there is no actively maintained editing spec at the
> moment. Aryeh’s document is a great start but by no means should it be
> considered complete, or the standard to which you should target an
> implementation… I think we would [currently] prefer to discuss specific
> issues here on the mailing list until a regular editor can be found—so
> thanks for bringing this up!
>

> By the way, what you suggest sounds reasonable for the behavior.

Agreed on all points, FWIW.  I'm not totally sure what the most
sensible behavior is for backspacing into a non-editable element is,
but selecting is a reasonable idea that the spec already recommends
for tables (although I don't think anyone implements that point last I
checked).  It makes it clear that the next backspace will delete the
whole thing, which would otherwise be very surprising -- e.g., suppose
it were a simple run of text that wasn't visually distinguishable from
the surrounding editable content.