RE: [editing] nested contenteditable

As far as I know, there is no actively maintained editing spec at the moment. Aryeh's document is a great start but by no means should it be considered complete, or the standard to which you should target an implementation... I think we would [currently] prefer to discuss specific issues here on the mailing list until a regular editor can be found-so thanks for bringing this up!

By the way, what you suggest sounds reasonable for the behavior.

From: johanneswilm@gmail.com<mailto:johanneswilm@gmail.com> [mailto:johanneswilm@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Johannes Wilm
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:36 AM
To: public-webapps@w3.org<mailto:public-webapps@w3.org>; robin@w3.org<mailto:robin@w3.org>; Alex Mogilevsky; Travis Leithead; ayg@aryeh.name<mailto:ayg@aryeh.name>; yosin@chromium.org<mailto:yosin@chromium.org>
Subject: [editing] nested contenteditable

Hey,
is there any progress on finding out who is to maintain this spec: https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/editing/raw-file/tip/editing.htm ? Is Aryeh still a fulltime student?

There is an effort at Chromium to make deletion of non-editable subelements work according to the spec, but the spec doesn't seem to anything about this.

See: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=238000

Who could we ask to get the sepcification updated with information about this?

Our current suggestion is that backspacing/deleting into it selects it, and a second hit on backspace/delete will remove it. The most important to me though is to have clarity on this.

--
Johannes Wilm
Fidus Writer