Re: A very preliminary draft of a URL spec

On Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 10:12 AM, Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:

> If you go for standardizing an API for dealing with URIs (probably a
> good idea if you go down this route) - then I would recommend being
> inspired by the API of Java's java.net.URI
>
> http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/net/class-use/URI.html
We (the Web community) have had pretty bad experiences trying to apply Java's API idioms on the Web (e.g., the gawd awful DOM APIs). The Java URI also suffers from a lot of the same issues: great if you are working in Java, not so great for JS.

Far more JS idiomatic examples:

http://medialize.github.io/URI.js/
http://nodejs.org/api/url.html