Re: A very preliminary draft of a URL spec

If you go for standardizing an API for dealing with URIs (probably a
good idea if you go down this route) - then I would recommend being
inspired by the API of Java's java.net.URI

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/net/class-use/URI.html

The only thing that is not well handled by the above is IRIs (probably
as the API predates IRIs). A defined API would have to be much more
precise about which elements allow which international characters.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science