Re: pointerLock vendor prefixes, shims and usability

On 12/24/12 12:44 PM, Florian Bösch wrote:
> I'm a bit concerned in doing these things to eventing because that stuff
> gets called a lot and what's being done isn't straightforward
> (allocating closures, regexing strings etc.) and that it could impact
> performance.

OK, that's fair.

For what it's worth, the current trend inside Mozilla is exactly what
you say: avoiding vendor prefixes by either turning things off before
shipping or shipping them unprefixed if they're stable enough.  At least
as a general policy; specific cases might merit exceptions.

-Boris