Re: [Workers] Worker same-origin and usage in JS libraries...

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012, Ian Hickson wrote:

> My plan is to make it so that cross-origin URLs start cross-origin
> workers. The main unresolved question is how to do this in an opt-in
> manner. The best idea I've come up with so far is having scripts that
> want to opt-in to being run in such a way start with a line line:
>
>    // Cross-Origin Worker for: http://example.net
>
> ...or (for multiple domains):
>
>    // Cross-Origin Worker for: http://example.com https://example.org
>
> ...or (for any domain):
>
>    // Cross-Origin Worker for all origins
>
> ...but that doesn't seem super neat.

Just as an update, I still plan to do this, but I'm currently waiting for
browser vendors to more widely implement the existing Worker,
SharedWorker, MessagePort, and PortCollection features before adding more
features to this part of the spec. It would also be helpful to have
confirmation from browser vendors that y'all actually _want_ cross-origin
workers, before I spec it.