[admin] Consistent Boilerplate and Status sections for EDs [Was: Re: CfC: publish WD of DOM; deadline December 2]

Hi Adam,

Yes I agree it would be good if the EDs for XHR and DOM (and URL and
Fullscreen) used relatively consistent boilerplate (by boilerplate/BP, I
mean the top of the documentto the first section that contains text such
as the Abstract, SotD, ToC, Intro, etc.).

Some people may not realize the so-called Technical Reports "PubRules"
do _not_ apply to EDs. This provides Editors - who do a substantial part
of the group's work - some flexibility  but it also means an ED's BP
and/or SotD can be (significantly) different than the BP and SotD of
the  related  TR and that can result in some confusion.

Ideally, the BP and SotD section of WebApps' EDs would be "effectively"
the same as the versions of the spec created as TRs. And indeed, of the
group's ~40 specs, this is true for most (~35) of the specs.

A few Editors, for what I will characterize as "non technical reasons",
have decided to make relatively significant changes to their BP and in a
few cases the ED  does not even have a SotD section.

Although my preference is for the BP and SotD parts of EDs and TRs
versions be mostly the same, I am not at all interested in creating
publication rules for EDs nor am I willing to track the conformance of
such rules.

In the future, for these few specs where the ED's BP and/or SotD is
different than what is required for TR, it would make sense to ask the
Editors to create a TR version _before_ the CfC starts^1. And yes, my
expectation is TRs will give appropriate attribution.

-AB

^1 I will ask the XHR and DOM Editors to create a TR version of their
specs now so they can be used during their CfCs.