Re: Feedback and questions on shadow DOM and web components

To answer Brian:

1. To recap:

- A developer can dynamically add and remove individual custom elements to
and from the parent document.
- A developer cannot dynamically apply or unapply the 'is' attribute to
have an element behave like a custom <element> on the fly.

Is this correct?

Being able to take the host children and remix them into something else on
the fly would be fantastic, so I'm a bit disappointed if the above is true.

2. Thanks for that, I'll use that assumption as well.

To answer myself in the parent post about accessibility: I found a short
explanation in the docs about the tree-as-rendered being traversable in
section 8.5 as follows:

"User agents with assistive technology traverse the document tree as
rendered, and thus enable full use of of WAI-ARIA semantics in the shadow
DOM subtrees."

So that's good.