Re: Two years on and still no sensible web storage solutions exist

On Nov 12, 2012, at 4:43 AM, Florian Bösch wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Todd Blanchard <toddvblanchard@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wondering what is wrong with the blob type in SQLite?
> A couple of things
> 1) Array buffers can't be passed to websql

Could be fixed.

> 2) websql is subject to the hard quota (5mb) and I'm talking about gigabytes of data

Gigabytes of data?  Why would one subject WebSQL to a hard quote of 5M and think using gigabytes of user disk space in a different scenario is OK?  Something seems out of balance here.  Why limit one but not the other?