Re: Two years on and still no sensible web storage solutions exist

Don't care if it is SQLite so long as it is a real relational database.  IndexedDB or some other key-value store is no substitute for the power of a relational database and is unlikely to be performant given the number of different views we support.  I don't mind too much if IE used mssql, Firefox settled on mysql, or postgresql or anything else so long as it is a proper relational database - switching sql dialects is already a fact of life.

I've settled on using SQLite on smart phones (Android and iOS - we will not support phones lacking this capability) and I'm going to just rely on calls to the server for desktop apps.  I think fetching from the server will be no worse for the average desktop user than iterating a key-value store trying to calculate joins in javascript.

-Todd Blanchard