Re: [webcomponents]: Making Shadow DOM Subtrees Traversable

On 11/8/12 9:28 AM, Elliott Sprehn wrote:
> If you're worried about malicious attacks on your widget, shadows being
> private is not enough. You need a whole new scripting context.

Er... yes, you do.  Do widgets not get that?  If not, that's pretty
broken...

> Google Feedback is an HTML rendering engine written in JS. To render the
> document you need access to every DOM node so you can draw it to a
> canvas.

I see.  It'll still break with things like images and whatnot if you
want to extract the data from that canvas (in general, modulo CORS etc),
but yes, I can see how not being able to get inside components is a problem.

I wonder whether making access to the insides of components work based
on same-origin restrictions + CORS makes sense.

-Boris