Re: [pointerlock] Is Pointer Lock feature complete i.e. LC ready? [Was: Re: [admin] Publishing specs before TPAC: CfC start deadline is Oct 15]

Speaking from the point of view of a web developer having to use this
feature. It is quite painful having to perform an end-run about failure
modes that are unspecified, undocumented and a moving target. In my
understanding, this is precisely the intent of a specification, to avoid
such incompatibilities and headaches for developers.

1) If it is intended that additional failure modes are to be randomly
introduced by vendors, then this should be made explicit in the
specification.
2) If such wording is added to the specification, I don't see any residual
value in the specification since any developer will have to perform the
trial&error endrun repeatedly patching things up as the failure modes move,
we can just skip the specification altogether.