Re: CfC: publish Widgets P&C as a "Proposed Edited Recommendation"; deadline August 8

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 18:26:44 +0200, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
wrote:

> Marcos would like to publish a "Proposed Edited Recommendation" [PER] of
> the Widget Packaging and XML Configuration spec [REC] to incorporate the
> spec's errata and this is a Call for Consensus to do so.

Currently I object. I would support the publication if:

1. It restored the pointer to an external errata document (Marcos is
clever, but there may still be errata) and
2. It restored the status of the document to cover patent policy and where
to send feedback and
3. It fixes the normative references to include authors and point to
stable versions.

> The [Errata] has already been reflected in the [Proposed-PER] (see
> [Diff]) and it includes a new title of "Packaged Web Apps (Widgets) -
> Packaging and XML Configuration".

I agree with that colour for the shed...

cheers

Chaals

--
Chaals - standards declaimer