Re: Obsolescence notices on old specifications, again

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 1:26 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Jan 2012, Glenn Adams wrote:
> >
> > Ian, I agree with the sentiment of your response ("take DOM4 right now
> and
> > publish it as a REC"). And, were it not for the W3C Process Document, we
> > might do just that. However, for the time being, we need to work within
> the
> > process document.
>
> Actually, no, we don't. We're sentient beings, our adherence to
> bureaucratic protocols is entirely voluntary.

Right. And last time I checked this is a W3C mailing list, a W3C group, and
W3C documents under discussion. So presumably we sentient beings have at
least implicitly signed up to the W3C Process (whether we agree with it or
not). Let's not continue to belabor this thread though since, as you say,
its beside the point. :)