Re: Obsolescence notices on old specifications, again

2012/1/24 Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>

> The problem is that the proposal (as I understand it) is to insert
> something like:
>
> "DOM2 (a REC) is obsolete. Use DOM4 (a work in progress)."
>
> This addition is tantamount (by the reading of some) to demoting the
> status of DOM2 to "a work in progress".

Clearly we need to be careful with our choice of words, though in this case
I wouldn't go as far as saying a stale document becomes a work in progress
when clearly the work in progress is a step forward and the state document
is the one no longer progressing.  But let's not perpetuate this
back-and-forth.  How about we get some proposed verbiage for individual
specs and discuss further at that point.  I think we all agree that a
notice in some form would be beneficial as long as its intent is clear.