Re: Obsolescence notices on old specifications, again

The problem is that the proposal (as I understand it) is to insert
something like:

"DOM2 (a REC) is obsolete. Use DOM4 (a work in progress)."

This addition is tantamount (by the reading of some) to demoting the status
of DOM2 to "a work in progress".