Re: Obsolescence notices on old specifications, again

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 11:02:55 +0100, Ms2ger <ms2ger@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 01/24/2012 01:58 AM, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>> * Ms2ger wrote:
>>> The recent message to www-dom about DOM2HTML [1] made me realize that
>>> we still haven't added warnings to obsolete DOM specifications to
>>> hopefully avoid that people use them as a reference.
>>
>> If you want to say more than that the specifications are no longer being
>> maintained and which newer specifications might contain more recent de-
>> finitions for the features covered you will have to create a process for
>> that first (it would require Advisory Committee review for instance, as
>> otherwise you are likely to create unnecessary drama).
>
> I should have been clearer; this is indeed all I intend to say.

OK, this looks like the sort of message that Opera would support. As Art
said, I think we need individual proposals per spec.

And I am not sure that rescinding specs we don't like much is necessarily
a good idea.

cheers

     je parle français -- hablo español -- jeg kan litt norsk