Re: Obsolescence notices on old specifications, again

Ms2ger,

Last September, some obsolescence text was added to the DOM 2 Views REC:

[[
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Views/#notice-20110922
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-DOM-Level-2-Views-20001113/

*Document Status Update 2011-09-22*: This paragraph is informative. The
concepts this document defines are obsolete. The 'document' and
'defaultView' attributes are defined in the HTML5
<http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/> specification with simplified semantics.
The Web Applications Working Group <http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/>
encourages implementation of these concepts as defined by HTML5.
]]

I think the proponents for adding obsolescence text to the other RECs
should make a specific proposal for each REC.

-AB