Re: to add Speech API to Charter; deadline January 19

Milan,
It looks like we fundamentally agree on several things:
*  That we'd like to see the JavaScript Speech API included in the
WebApps' charter.*  That we believe the wire protocol is best suited
for another organization, such as IETF.*  That we believe the markup
bindings may be excluded.
Our only difference seems to be whether to start with the extensive
Javascript API proposed in [1] or the simplified subset of it proposed
in [2] which supports majority of the use cases in the XG’s Final
Report.

Art Barstow asked for “a relatively specific proposal” and provided
some precedence examples regarding the level of detail. [3]
Olli Pettay wrote in [4] “Since from practical point of view the
API+protocol XG defined is a huge thing to implement at once, it makes
sense to implement it in pieces.”
Starting with a baseline that supports the majority of use cases will
accelerate implementation, interoperability testing, standardization
and ultimately developer adoption.
Cheers
Satish

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/htmlspeech/XGR-htmlspeech/[2]