From: Arthur Barstow [mailto:art.barstow@nokia.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 4:31 AM
To: public-webapps
Cc: public-xg-htmlspeech@w3.org
Subject: CfC: to add Speech API to Charter; deadline January 19

Glen Shires and some others at Google proposed [1] that WebApps add
Speech API to WebApps' charter and they put forward the Speech
Javascript API Specification [2] as as a starting point. Members of
Mozilla and Nuance have voiced various levels of support for this
proposal. As such, this is a Call for Consensus to add Speech API to
WebApps' charter.

Positive response to this CfC is preferred and encouraged and silence
will be considered as agreeing with the proposal. The deadline for
comments is January 19 and all comments should be sent to public-webapps
at w3.org.

-AB

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2011OctDec/1696.html