Re: [websockets] Moving Web Sockets back to LCWD; is 15210 a showstopper?

On Thu, 3 May 2012, Arthur Barstow wrote:

> During WebApps' May 2 discussion about the Web Sockets API CR, four
> Sockets API bugs were identified as high priority to fix: 16157, 16708,
> 16703 and 15210. Immediately after that discussion, Hixie checked in
> fixes for 16157, 16708 and 16703and these changes will require the spec
> going back to LC.
>
> Since 15210 remains open, before I start a CfC for a new LC, I would
> like some feedback on whether the new LC should be blocked until 15210
> is fixed, or if we should move toward a new LC without the fix (and thus
> consider 15210 for the next version of the spec). If you have any
> comments, please send them by May 10.

I intend to fix that one in due course; I was avoiding adding it just to
avoid overloading browser vendors with more stuff to implement now (it's a
feature request, not a bug). If it's something that people to implement
sooner rather than later, please comment to that effect on the bug.

(Same with the Web Workers cross-domain stuff. Let me know if you want
cross-domain shared or dedicated workers sooner rather than later.)