Re: CfC: publish a FPWD of Web Components Explainer; deadline May 9

On Thu, 03 May 2012 00:03:05 +0200, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
wrote:

> On 5/2/12 1:27 PM, ext Olli Pettay wrote:
>> I don't understand this.
>> The explainer doesn't look like something which should become a
>> recommendation.
>
> And it may never become a Recommendation (f.ex. the group may later
> decide to publish it as a WG Note).

Right. That would be the normal destination for a document like this.

>> It just, well, explains how the various proposed APIs work.
>> So, why do we need explainer as FPWD?
>
> Some people in the meeting (including me) thought this would be a useful
> informative (non-normative) wrapper for the Shadow DOM and other related
> specs in Dimitri's queue.

And me. Support publication.

cheers

> -AB
>

>> -Olli
>>
>> On 05/02/2012 11:22 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
>>> As discussed during WebApps' May 1 f2f meeting [2], the Web Components
>>> Explainer document is ready for a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)
>>> publication and this a Call for Consensus (CfC) to do so:
>>>

>>> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webcomponents/raw-file/tip/explainer/index.html
>>>
>>> This CfC satisfies the group's requirement to "record the group's
>>> decision to request advancement".
>>>
>>> By publishing this FPWD, the group sends a signal to the community to
>>> begin reviewing the document. The FPWD reflects where the group is on
>>> this spec at the time of publication; it does not necessarily mean
>>> there
>>> is consensus on the spec's contents.
>>>
>>> Positive response to this CfC is preferred and encouraged and silence
>>> will be considered as agreement with the proposal. The deadline for
>>> comments is May 9. Please send all comments to:
>>>
>>> public-webapps@w3.org
>>>
>>> -Art Barstow
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.w3.org/2012/05/01-webapps-minutes.html#item03

     je parle français -- hablo español -- jeg kan noen norsk