Re: Moving XBL et al. forward

On 03/10/2011 02:56 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> serialization, but it's easy to imagine it also having an XML
> serialization for use directly in SVG or similar.
>
> ~TJ

Certainly, we'd prefer to have an XML representation of the component
language for use with XForms for similar reasons.  XForms is not a host
language, but works together with other XML applications such as XHTML
and SVG.

We've explored an HTML representation for use with HTML serializations,
but not made any efforts in that direction due to lack of interest from
users.  But it would certainly be possible; the data binding to XML (or
JSON, in XForms 1.2) data is unrelated to the syntax used to express the
bindings.

Leigh.