Re: [FileAPI] Why is FileList a sequence?

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren:
>
> Cameron McCormack:
> > > Other specifications use it, and it really serves a different
> > > purpose from things like NodeList, like passing in native Array
> > > objects to DOM methods.  So I don’t think we should remove it.
>
> Anne van Kesteren:
> > Which specifications use it then?
>
> The ones I could find were: Web Applications 1.0, RDFa API and The
> System Information API (admittedly fewer than I thought!).

Web Apps 1.0 will change if you need it to. Don't constrain on my account
here. I'll do whatever you think we should do. The only places I use it
are in an argument to a method because I want to allow authors to pass in
literal JS Arrays of values, and on a NodeList descendant where I just
wanted the user of the API to be able to get a JS Array of values. I don't
think there's much implementation compatibility constraint here.

(Are the other two implemented by any browsers?)