Re: Overview of W3C technologies for mobile Web applications

On 08/03/2011 15:08, Somnath Chandra wrote:
> We have already started working on Mobile Rendering Engine and Fonts
> development which would enable seamless display across platforms and
> devices.

That's interesting.  Did you know about work currently under way
involving Harfbuz to provide a small, universal rendering engine that
can be used on mobile devices and other kinds of OS to do opentype
rendering? [1]   Are you working on the same thing?  I'd hate to think
that you are reinventing the wheel such that different systems are
needed for different fonts...

RI

[1] http://behdad.org/text/

--