Re: Filtering clipboard MIME types (was: Re: clipboard events)

Le 17 mai 2011 à 19:06, Daniel Cheng a écrit :

> I would like to add all of the 3 MathML flavors:
>
> - application/mathml-presentation+xml
> - application/mathml-content+xml
> - application/mathml+xml
>
> paul
>
> I don't think we need all 3. Why not just application/mathml+xml?

Daniel,

you do mean all three MathML flavors, right?

The reason they are each useful is that:

some applications can do MathML-presentation and not content (example: MS Word)
some applications can do MathML-content and would loose information by receiving presentation (example: Maple, with a limit expression, I think a spreadsheet could also)
some applications just do not know or care, for them the generic flavor is ok
some applications will do a conversion content-to-presentation in a way better than others, in particular if the language context is properly considered (e.g. considering the varying numbers' syntax)

paul