Re: Filtering clipboard MIME types (was: Re: clipboard events)

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 00:12, Paul Libbrecht <paul@hoplahup.net> wrote:

> Le 17 mai 2011 à 06:23, Hallvord R. M. Steen a écrit :
>
> > To get a table started in the spec, could you give me a small list of
> (MIME) types one should mandate the UA to be aware of and be able to
> "roundtrip" to/from native clipboard types? Just off the top of your head?
> The typical Web MIME types would of course be something along the lines of
> >
> > text/plain
> > text/html
> > image/jpg
> > image/gif
> > image/png
> > application/xhtml+xml
> > image/svg+xml
>
> I would like to add all of the 3 MathML flavors:
>
> - application/mathml-presentation+xml
> - application/mathml-content+xml
> - application/mathml+xml
>
> > What about e.g. RTF?
>
> I feel it fits.
>
> paul

I don't think we need all 3. Why not just application/mathml+xml?

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 07:03, timeless <timeless@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 7:23 AM, Hallvord R. M. Steen
> <hallvord@opera.com> wrote:
> > to/from native clipboard types? Just off the top of your head? The
> typical
> > Web MIME types would of course be something along the lines of
> >
> > text/plain
> > text/html
> > image/jpg
> > image/gif
> > image/png
> > application/xhtml+xml
> > image/svg+xml
>
> i'd suggest ATOM [application/atom+xml] as a type to support. Browsers
> generally support it. This is somewhat to the exclusion of RDF and
> RSS. This provides a way to serve listings and enclosures and
> things....
>
> Should application/octet-stream be supported for cases when authors
> want to pass along binary data?

This really doesn't have corresponding native equivalent other than files.
The problem with files is the MIME type doesn't really mean anything when
you're transferring data out of the browser, so it's difficult to guarantee
round tripping.

Also, what about vCard?

Daniel