Re: Web SQL Database specification

[ I don't know why this e-mail dated 31-March-2011 just showed up in my
Inbox today ... ]

On Mar/31/2011 9:25 AM, ext Sylvain GREZE wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I write this email to let you know about our surprise when we saw that
> the Web SQL Database is no longer part of the html5 specification.
>
> Having experienced the Google Gears plugin, which implement the WebSQL
> Database, I can tell you that having SQL both on the client and the
> server side, even if the SQL is not exactly the same, makes it very
> practical to deal with synchronisation problems between client DB and
> Server DB (for example you execute an update statement on the client
> side, and then you report almost "as is" the statement on the server
> side).
> Dealing with "Indexed DB" will make this kind of stuff very hard...
>
> Is this part of the spec really going to disapear?

Sylvain - I don't understand your question but please note the Web
Applications WG agreed in November 2010 to stop work on Web SQL
Database. Please see [1] for the related e-mail thread.

-Art Barstow

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010OctDec/0451.html