Re: Web SQL Database specification

Sqlite is a public domain project; it's available in Firefox to trusted scripts.

The Web SQL you were using will continue to be carried by most vendors, and can reasonably be loaded as an extension/activex object on others.

As for the spec, it only established a few calls; unlike the canvas element, it did not leave room to define a 'context' for varying backends.

-Charles