Re: [WebSQL] Any future plans, or has IndexedDB replaced WebSQL?

On 4/2/2011 7:56 AM, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 5:24 AM, Keean Schupke <keean@fry-it.com
> <mailto:keean@fry-it.com>> wrote:
>
>     Infact now BDB supports the SQLite-3.0 API, you can have two
>     implementation that conform to the same API. So the original
>     reason for abandoning WebSQL seems no longer valid. As there are
>     now more than one implementation of the SQLite-3.0 API it is a
>     de-facto (open) standard.
>

> Based on
> http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17076_02/html/installation/upgrade_11gr2_51_sqlite_ver.html,
> it's not like an independent implementation.

I ran the idea by the PostgreSQL hackers mailing list -- they were not
particularly keen on the idea of supporting WebSQL/SQLite.

I've not had the time to try using an alternate [to sqlite] SQL engine
in webkit; at this point, I'd start with IndexedDB APIs.

-Charles