Re: clipboard events

Sounds reasonable, and close to what IE and WebKit implement...

Seems the clipboardData object may simply implement
dataTransfer<http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/dnd.html#the-datatransfer-interface>interface.
This would give it legacy setData/getData as well as
items <http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/dnd.html#datatransferitems> list which
can be used for blob-backed reads/writes.

The list of formats that can be found in dataTransfer, although limited now,
will probably grow in the future to enable better integration between
applications ("XML Spreadsheet" or image for example). I can imagine a web
app that wants to support copy/paste with popular products like MS Office...
Many of those are not suitable for getData() that returns a string, because
they are long/async in nature and/or binary. They will need to be
transferred as blobs or files.

Dmitry