Re: Structured clone in WebStorage

On Fri, 3 Dec 2010, Oliver Hunt wrote:

> I recall talking to hixie about this at some point, and I recall that at
> that point localstorage was explicitly prevented from Blobs, although I
> can't see any sign of that rule anymore :-/

Blobs are fine, they're async anyway. To store one you'd just need to let
the blob know that you need a checkpoint. The actual storage in
localStorage can all be done in the background. The feature that was
problematic with localStorage wasn't Blobs, it was ImageData, and that
should still be blocked.