Re: requestAnimationFrame

* Robert O'Callahan wrote:
>Those are good goals, except I think we need to drill down into (c). Are
>people changing stuff at 15Hz for crude performance tuning, or for some
>other reason?

There are many kinds of animations where you cannot easily interpolate
between frames, so drawing in "Ones" requires a lot more effort than
drawing in "Twos". Add to that the abysmal performance of graphics in
browsers and, sometimes worse, their plugins, and I would be more
wondering why some set the framerate any higher (beyond "Oh I thought
that's what PAL/NTSC does", "I read that in a forum"). The default in
Flash is 12 frames per second, which is your typical film rate in Twos.