RE: Discussion of File API at TPAC in Lyon

On Thursday, November 11, 2010 11:47 AM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> Oh, definitely, we still need the createObjectURL/revokeObjectURL
> functions. Sorry, that was probably unclear.
>
> However we're still left without a place to put them. Maybe it's as
> simple as putting them on the document object? That works nicely since
> their lifetime is scoped to that of the document object.
>
> Another possibility is putting them on the URL interface object. I.e.
> not using URL objects themselves, but rather something like this:
>
> x = URL.createObjectURL(myblock);
> typeof x == "string";
> URL.revokeObjectURL(x);
>
> But I think I prefer the document solution.

I thought we'd decided on a new global object and just needed to come up with a name. This is what we're currently planning to do. Mostly though, I just want us to decide. This seems to have changed every month for a long time and I'd like us to pick a solution and stick to it.