Re: [DataCache] Status and plans for Programmable HTTP Caching and Serving?

There are two distinct parts to the DataCache draft.
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-DataCache-20091029/
1. The DataCache part, programmatically adding resources to the cache, the
DataCache part.
2. The LocalServer part, having application script determine/produce the
response to a request, handling 'POST's in the absence of a server.

To satisfy the use cases motivating the first item (bulk storage with
URL addressability), we've (chrome) been pushing on WebFileSystem and blob
URL. The latter part has been left languishing.

I'm all for incremental progress on the "local server" like missing parts,
specifically starting with "what to do about query arguments", in the
context of the appcache. We (chrome) have specific requests to improve
things in that area. I think we could make faster progress if we handle some
of these requests as incremental additions to the HTML5 AppCache spec
instead of resurrecting DataCache draft.

At least, that's my $0.02.